Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A favourite, easy, dinner recipe

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am a huge fan of cooking. Much as I love spending time in the kitchen, there is not always the opportunity for that to happen. So, I like to keep a few fast, yummy dinner recipes on hand.

I made this one the other night for the first time since last summer and I was reminded of how delicious it is! I used cherry tomatoes and rosemary from my garden.

Spicy Roast Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes

Makes 4 servings.
4 cups cherry tomatoes, stemmed
3 Tbsps olive oil
5 garlic cloves, pressed
3/4 tsp dried crushed red pepper
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary (or basil or oregano), chopped
4 chicken breasts - bone-in and skin on

Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper, and rosemary in a large bowl. Place chicken on rimmed baking sheet. Pour tomato mixture over chicken, arranging tomatoes in single layer around chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until chicken is cooked through and tomatoes are blistered, about 35 minutes. Transfer chicken to plates and spoon tomatoes and juices over to serve.

My notes:
  • This really does taste a lot better if you use the bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts.
  • Be sure to sprinkle salt and pepper generously!
  • It is great to serve this with a nice crusty bread to sop up all of the yummy juices.

Enjoy!


If you make this recipe, let me know what you think!

0 comments: