Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas baking

With visions of sugar plums dancing in my head it is with great relief that I have finished my Christmas baking. Yum!

Every year, I try a few new recipes as well as incorporating some of the tried and true. New for 2009: raspberry ribbon cookies, a new caramel recipe, cinnamon roasted almonds, cashew brittle and both mincemeat (homemade!) and butter tarts. Reappearing: turtles, almond bark, shortbread, and five cup slice (a combination of chocolate chips, raisins, peanuts and coconut that I love.) This year, I also opted to make two kinds of fudge - peanut butter that is decorated with mini Reece's pieces and good old chocolate fudge.

I don't know how long I spent searching for the perfect recipes this year, but it was lots of fun.

Now, I look forward to our annual Christmas party this weekend and I hope that everyone will enjoy eating the treats and much as I enjoyed making them!

1 comments:

alipooh said...

please see my blog